Roberto Carlos joins Fenerbahçe

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

 

 

 

 



Brazilian full back Roberto Carlos is a Fenerbahçe player following an agreement being reached with the player’s agent, Dino Pasalic.

The transfer is announced here on Fenerbahce.org and on FBTV, where Roberto Carlos spoke live on a phone connection, stating that this move is "very important" for him. Carlos said: "I’m very happy to be a Fenerbahçe player next season." Speaking in Turkish, he said: "Fenerbahçe, the greatest! Fenerbahçe, the champions!"

Pasalic, present at the FBTV studio with Vice-President Murat Özaydınlı, said that Carlos had wanted to come to Fenerbahçe last season, but his contract posed an obstacle to the move. "He made a promise to Fenerbahçe last year and Carlos always keeps his promises."

Özaydınlı was notably proud of the signing: "We have transferred a player that conforms to the traditions of Fenerbahçe. Everyone must thank President Aziz Yıldırım. How great it is that today we don’t have too much difficulty in signing players of legendary status."

The Real Madrid defender will be coming to Turkey in the near future for an official presentation.

Photo: Carlos’ representatives and Özaydınlı gather for the announcement